How Does Land Rover 4WD Work?
The Land Rover 4WD system is one of the most impressive distinguishing features of the brand’s lineup. After all, Land Rover SUVs are not just known for their iconic style, but also for the dependability and versatility they bring to the road. The Land Rover 4-Wheel Drive System is an impressive suite of technology that works diligently together to give Edgewater and Crofton drivers the smoothest ride possible, delivering unparalleled capability when you break free from the beaten path.
How Does the Land Rover 4WD System Work?
Land Rover puts a lot of time and effort into creating a driving experience that is unlike what you’ll find on other luxury models. Here’s a brief overview of how the Land Rover 4WD system works:
- You might see the Land Rover 4WD system listed as permanent All-Wheel Drive. That’s because this feature combines the best of both technologies. Like other AWD systems, it’s always on, and doesn’t require driver activation. However, when the situation demands it, your Land Rover can direct continuous power to all four wheels–just like traditional 4×4.
- This means that you’ll be equally prepared for inclement weather on highways near Annapolis, on the one hand, and rough terrain on Crofton-area trails, on the other.
Which Land Rover & Range Rover SUVs Have 4-Wheel Drive?
Are all Range Rover SUVs 4WD? Yes–and just to be clear–all Land Rover SUVs are too. With a Land Rover Discovery, a Range Rover Sport, or any of the other models in our lineup, you’ll experience technology designed to keep your vehicle moving forward on an extraordinary range of different terrains. Regardless of what model you want to drive, you can rest assured it will deliver all of the technologies you’ll find on the best off-roading SUV checklists. Each of the following models comes standard with the Land Rover 4WD system:
- Land Rover Defender
- Land Rover Discovery
- Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Range Rover
- Range Rover Sport
- Range Rover Evoque
- Range Rover Velar
The iconic 4WD system is unique to the Land Rover lineup, and certain features of that system will vary depending on which model you settle on. Here’s a quick look at several examples:
- The Land Rover Discovery 4WD system comes with a low-range gear set that adjusts when it leaves paved roadways. The ladder-framed chassis keeps this model in line, and the rear differential delivers a smooth ride every time, helping to eliminate bumps.
- The Range Rover 4WD system is more electronic and comes with available driver aids to deliver a consistent driving experience.
Many Land Rover and Range Rover SUVs also include features such as traction control, Hill Descent Control, and Terrain Response®. These technologies work in concert with the Land Rover 4WD system to conquer any challenges that arise on trails near Crofton or Severna Park.
Experience the Land Rover 4WD System at Land Rover Annapolis
Every Land Rover model that hits the Arnold streets is equipped with the features needed to make it a powerhouse on the road, and the 4 Wheel Drive systems are no exception. To learn more about what these features can do for you, visit our dealership at 101 Ferguson Road in Annapolis, MD. Alternatively, feel free to contact us directly at (410) 904-3108 to explore more about our current vehicle specials.
Learn More with Land Rover Annapolis
Choosing to drive home in the all-new Range Rover is only the first step. Before you build and order your chosen model, you’ll want to get familiar with the full range of trim levels, powertrains, and—perhaps most exciting of all—color options! Our guide to the 2023 Range Rover colors is designed to help you get…
The 2023 Range Rover is available with three different powertrains, two wheelbases, two interior layouts, and four trim levels—and if you’re not quite sure what to look for, comparing the 2023 Range Rover configurations can be a real challenge! With that said, you don’t have to attempt this task alone. The team at Land Rover Annapolis…
Are you gearing up for adventure? It’s easy to get everything you desire when you explore the 2023 Land Rover Discovery Sport trim levels with Land Rover Annapolis! This popular and capable SUV has the features and performance specs you’ll need to get more enjoyment out of every drive—and that’s true no matter which configuration you…