What is Terrain Response?
Every new Land Rover vehicle sets itself apart from rival SUVs by fitting the latest iteration of their Terrain Response® System. This groundbreaking all-terrain optimization system ensures unstoppable capability regardless of the surface you’re covering by offering dedicated terrain optimization modes, including, General, Rock Crawl, Grass, Gravel & Snow, Mud & Ruts, and Sand. Learn more below about this Land Rover off-roading technology, and contact your local authorized Land Rover retailer to schedule a test drive!
What is Terrain Response?
Long a celebrated differentiator for Land Rover vehicles, the Terrain Response® system allows drivers to optimize performance on a variety of different surfaces. The new Terrain Response® 2 Auto upgrade breaks new ground by automatically sensing surface changes and adjusting to the appropriate setting to ensure you’re always using the ideal driving modes.
For those who prefer direct control, you can manually override the system to lock in a specific mode.
How Do Terrain Response® Modes Work?
All it takes is the flick of a switch to have the patented Terrain Response® 2 Auto system reconfigure suspension, transmission, and traction settings for maximum control and superior performance across all conditions. Drive modes include:
- General: Perfect for everyday driving, General Mode maximizes fuel efficiency and reduces emissions.
- Rock Crawl: Ideal for those who like to climb over uneven terrain, Rock Crawl Mode delivers phenomenal low-speed traction and softened accelerator response.
- Grass, Gravel & Snow: Designed for firm but slippery surfaces, Grass, Gravel, and Snow Mode speeds up gear changes, softens accelerator response to avoid any momentary loss of traction, and works to prevent tire slip.
- Mud & Ruts: Suitable for soft, muddy, waterlogged, and rutted ground, Mud & Ruts Mode allows controlled tire slip to keep you moving.
- Sand: Made for soft, dry, and yielding ground, Sand Mode works by locking the differential and enhancing engine and gearbox response.
Take Command of Land Rover Capability by Visiting Land Rover Annapolis Today
The Land Rover Terrain Response system is just one feature that ensures performance remains peerless whether cruising between Edgewater and Crofton or setting out for tough off-road trails outside Severna Park. To explore everything from off-road tires to Adaptive Cruise Control, visit the Land Rover Annapolis showroom today.
More from Land Rover Annapolis
Find Your New Range Rover Learn More The Range Rover is a legendary vehicle uniting power to spare with generous dimensions and top-of-the-line technology. You want yours to stand out as you cover the roads of Edgewater and beyond, so a diverse selection of Range Rover colors is available to ensure the model you end up…
The 2020 Range Rover Sport is an athletic, practical take on the Range Rover, pushing your performance capabilities to new heights. But the interior of this vehicle has been designed to appeal as much as the performance, with technology features in an inviting cabin you can upgrade to your liking. Land Rover Annapolis covers the benefits of…
The striking and distinctive exterior design of the new Range Rover Velar undoubtedly captures attention throughout Annapolis and beyond. But if you’re in the market for a new luxury SUV, the 2020 Range Rover Velar interior appointments and technologies are what’s going to seal the deal. In the following guide, we’ll take you through the…