What is Terrain Response?
Every new Land Rover vehicle sets itself apart from rival SUVs by fitting the latest iteration of their Terrain Response® System. This groundbreaking all-terrain optimization system ensures unstoppable capability regardless of the surface you’re covering by offering dedicated terrain optimization modes, including, General, Rock Crawl, Grass, Gravel & Snow, Mud & Ruts, and Sand. Learn more below about this Land Rover off-roading technology, and contact your local authorized Land Rover retailer to schedule a test drive!
What is Terrain Response?
Long a celebrated differentiator for Land Rover vehicles, the Terrain Response® system allows drivers to optimize performance on a variety of different surfaces. The new Terrain Response® 2 Auto upgrade breaks new ground by automatically sensing surface changes and adjusting to the appropriate setting to ensure you’re always using the ideal driving modes.
For those who prefer direct control, you can manually override the system to lock in a specific mode.
How Do Terrain Response® Modes Work?
All it takes is the flick of a switch to have the patented Terrain Response® 2 Auto system reconfigure suspension, transmission, and traction settings for maximum control and superior performance across all conditions. Drive modes include:
- General: Perfect for everyday driving, General Mode maximizes fuel efficiency and reduces emissions.
- Rock Crawl: Ideal for those who like to climb over uneven terrain, Rock Crawl Mode delivers phenomenal low-speed traction and softened accelerator response.
- Grass, Gravel & Snow: Designed for firm but slippery surfaces, Grass, Gravel, and Snow Mode speeds up gear changes, softens accelerator response to avoid any momentary loss of traction, and works to prevent tire slip.
- Mud & Ruts: Suitable for soft, muddy, waterlogged, and rutted ground, Mud & Ruts Mode allows controlled tire slip to keep you moving.
- Sand: Made for soft, dry, and yielding ground, Sand Mode works by locking the differential and enhancing engine and gearbox response.
Take Command of Land Rover Capability by Visiting Land Rover Annapolis Today
The Land Rover Terrain Response system is just one feature that ensures performance remains peerless whether cruising between Edgewater and Crofton or setting out for tough off-road trails outside Severna Park. To explore everything from off-road tires to Adaptive Cruise Control, visit the Land Rover Annapolis showroom today.
More from Land Rover Annapolis
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery has a reputation in Annapolis for its power and luxury, but do you know the Land Rover Discovery towing capabilities? The 2020 Land Rover Discovery can tow up to 8,201 pounds, perfect for pulling a boat, a trailer, or a couple of dirt bikes for a weekend adventure out of…
Whether you want a high-tech SUV for the Edgewater roads or a ultra-luxurious ride for your adventures in Crofton, the 2020 Range Rover configurations offer state-of-the-art options that will satisfy almost any driver. Check out our guide to the Range Rover trim levels to find out which of the models best suits your wants and…
The 2020 Land Rover Defender price will make this model an instant hit with Edgewater-area drivers! That much is already certain. After all, who wouldn’t want to bring home a classically-styled Land Rover SUV for just $49,900 MSRP? Although the Land Rover Defender SUV’s 2020 release date is still a few months off, we just…